already, the Crown Princely couple Frederic and Elisabeth Christine took
residence in the South Wing of the Castle comprising the tower cabinet,
where Frederic had his library set up.
Until 1744, the castle and grounds were completed by G.W. von
Knobelsdorff, A. Pesne, Ch. F. Glume, and J. S. Sello. After Frederic II
begin his reign, he offered the compound to his brother, prince Heinrich
(1726-1802), who occupied it until his death and had the whole residence
greatly expanded and in parts newly fashioned.
Theodor Fontane and Kurt Tucholsky gave this habitation a renown